New moulds and techniques


This week I have tried something new with resin, a cube mould with slow cure resin. My patience was tested waiting for 3 days for it to cure!

My idea was to encase my daughters spare collectible toys into a little decoration. I knew what I wanted it to look like in my head but made a few mistakes. Mistake number 1 was I waited too long for the last layer and it has left a line. Mistake number 2 was adding glitter too soon and it sank to the bottom of the layer making the line much more prominent. Other than that I was pretty happy with it and my daughter loves it so overall lots of learning and a happy daughter!

I have also been experimenting with alcohol ink, making this pendant with blue and pearl alcohol ink.

I also made a few more heart pendants,not sure why they have all been hearts but it seems to have been the theme of my makes recently!

I have also tried a few more earrings this week and am happy as to how they have turned out.

I’m going to try again with the cube mould and see if I can do it a bit better next time and I think I will also do some more experimenting with alcohol ink. Until next time, bye for now.

Categories: Resin Jewellery, Resin ProjectsTags: , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: