This week I took a step back from jewellery and tried my hand at jesmonite! I bought a kit a few weeks ago and thought it was time I tried it out. Jesmonite is made from a mineral resin powder and an acrylic liquid mixed together. It was the first time I had used it and unlike epoxy resin it is opaque and has a much quicker cure time. In the kit I had a tea light holder mould and after about 30 minutes it was demoulded and ready to have a look at!
I am really pleased with how it went. Have a look at some more jesmonite projects here.
I also tried out the biggest mould I have. A “HOME” mould. I used slow cure epoxy resin for this one so had to be patient with a 3 day wait to demould. I also added some lights which again is my first attempt at this and this is how it turned out.
I used some transparent amber pigment for the first few letters with some red for the last letters and some glitter mixed in.
I have enjoyed trying a few bigger projects this week but looking forward to making a few more pendants soon although I think some of the other stuff might slip in now and again.
Bye for now.