So with all this stormy weather my way, I decided to try out some more beach type projects to try and help me imagine some warmer, sunnier climates.
I tried out a bookmark using some sand, shells, blue mica powder, transparent blue/green colour and a bit of white mixed in. I used a heat gun to mix them up a bit and spread the white around and I’m really pleased with the effect.
I also tried out a mermaid tale mould for the first time. I brushed the end of the tale part of the mould with some mica powder to give that section a different look to the rest of it. I plan to make it in to a keyring as I think it will go quite well as one.
My latest work in progress is also with a beach theme. I am trying to make a place mat, it is just awaiting a final layer of heat resistant resin to finish it off.
My next task is to attach some bails to pendants I have made and attach some earrings together to make some wearable jewellery as often I have made some pendants with left over resin from various projects so have got myself quite a collection and I think it’s time to do something with them! Bye for now.