We are well into spring and I have tried my hand at drying my own flowers.
It is the first time I have tried drying flowers and I used some silica sand to dry out a variety of flowers such as forget me nots and tree blossoms. I had a few shrivelled flowers by leaving them in the silica sand for too long but I learned as I went along and have fewer disasters now.
I think my favourite pieces are some forget me not earrings. Very simple but they look lovely on.
I have also tried to encapsulate some dandelion clocks and dandelion seeds and have created a few globe shapes as well as a cube and a puffy heart.
The dandelion clocks were quite difficult to try and keep all the seeds in place and there are a few strays but I found a thinner resin helped with this.
I have made a few pendants with dried flowers which need a bit of finishing off with some sanding but again really happy with how they look.
I have enjoyed drying my own flowers and preserving bits of spring into resin. I’m looking forward to looking out for what summer brings. Bye for now.